• Widmer, C. (n.d.). “The governing board faces rebellion in the Ranks” in Wood, M. (Ed.). (1995). Nonprofit boards and leadership: Cases on governance, change and board-staff dynamics. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. p. 139 – 147.
Think of the assignment questions as you are reading through the case. Then prepare a case analysis based on these questions. The questions are meant to be a guide and answered in the presentation of your case analysis, not as separate questions:
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of this nonprofit?
• What are the 2 or 3 key or primary problems facing COI at this time? Why are they the key problems?
• What are the options for COI to respond to these problems? What are the best and the worst consequences/outcomes that might reasonably be anticipated from each option?
• What is your recommendation? How should COI address the crisis? Who should do what?
• Briefly describe the governance role of a board of directors? In your opinion, how has the COI board been doing?
• How should the board react to staff who “go behind the back” of the executive director to complain to the board?
This study focuses on the overall performance of two companies pre merger and post merger. The analysis of the performance of the company before and after the merger enables us to draw a conclusion whether the merger has been favourable to the company or not. Mergers and Acquisitions are a topic of global significance nowadays. Mergers and Acquisitions have become a common corporate strategy in the recent past enabling the organizations to achieve synergy benefit and sustainable development. They are spoken about so much all over the globe in recent times. These Mergers and Acquisitions are not of a recent origin but have been in practice since 18th century. This project gives an insight on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) through a comparative study on the pre merger and post merger analysis of Arcelor and Mittal Steel from a finance perspective. Mittal Steel merged its operations with Arcelor in 2006 and it was regarded as the biggest merger in the world steel industry. For the purpose of our study we have considered Mittal Steel’s acquisition of Arcelor and have made the pre merger and post merger analysis of the same to arrive at conclusions. The objective of this study is to arrive at a conclusion whether the merger has been successful or not in terms of both profit as well as wealth maximization. This study will take into consideration the merger of Arcelor and Mittal Steel and analyse their performances before and after the merger and decide whether they have been able to achieve success after the merger and also whether the companies have been able to achieve synergy benefit which is one of the primary reasons for a merger to take place. This study also analyses the success of the merger in terms of market share and the capacity utilization. This project has made use of secondary data and the facts and figures are reliable to the best of our knowledge. The various financial techniques used in this study are trend analysis, ratio analysis, cash flow statement and fund flow statement. The conclusions of this study cannot be used to generalize regarding the fate of Mergers and Acquisitions. This study strongly recommends further research on this topic in the >GET ANSWER