Pick one of the questions below to answer:
- What impact did the social reformers of the late nineteenth century have on American life?
- How did the progressive movement differ between the urban centers of the northern states and the more rural South? What accounts for these differences?
- What impulses animated American progressives?
- Why are Presidents Theodore Roosevelt, William H. Taft, and Woodrow Wilson considered the three Progressive Presidents?
- Was racism a target and/or impulse related to the Progressive Era? What examples support your position? analyze the main ideas presented in the readings and videos, and cite specific supporting details from the reading (I mean that you need to bring in specific examples). Answers should be original (can’t be something you copied ), detailed, and include specific examples to back up your points and/or quotations from the primary source readings (which must be accompanied by your analysis of that quotation).
and public on this purpose. One of the most prominent theories, Mick’s schema theory has fused semiotics and showed the viewer’s its capacity of specialization of the social structure, processing and involving attitudes, memory and cognition as well as written and spoken text (Brewer and Nakamura 1984). Goal, knowledge and text schemata are the three popular genres of schema theory of Mick proposed into marketing communication research. The goal and knowledge schemata are important factors and probably make the relations with both marketers and consumers. According to Mick, the text schemata mainly involves in the linguistic massages in marketing communication. This schema theory has the ability to enrich the marketing communication study. Some scholars like Sherry highlighted that the advertising is a cultural document, a way of presenting and apprehending the world (Sherry 1985, P.1). Each and every advertisement is included in cultural shadow and let the readers to negotiate and share the cultural subject matter. Symbols are artistic and man-made. These symbols constructed the world and made the network of social relations in much the same way as religion, science and arts. Science and arts construct the scientific and aesthetic world. Symbolic action and symbolic interaction gratify in the social stream to construct the shadows of the distinctive behaviors of human. The symbolic and iconic conversation and conventions in the advertisements moves its audience via ritualized enactments by the properties of experiences the cultural esteems (Fox 1984). This repetitive ritual will help to maintain the culture by reducing the variance in the cultural behaviour and probably help to lead the cultural perceptions to become natural perceptions. Advertisements construct the definitive reality in the viewpoint. This make the product therapy (Henry 1959) in the competitive marketing world, communicate powerfully a>GET ANSWER