Identify the claims being made, the groups that are making the claims, and how these claims makers are attempting to influence social policies.
Ensure you discuss:
· Why this topic fits the definition of a social problem.
· The extent of this social problem in your native culture.
· The various social groups affected by this social problem in your native culture.
· The impact of this social problem on your native culture.
· The policies or processes that have been proposed or implemented to solve this social problem in your native culture. Evaluate their effectiveness. (Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of proposed or implemented policy.)
· Intercultural competence: How the history, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs and practices of your native culture influence this issue.
· Intercultural competence: Your cultural self-awareness, an appropriate cultural worldview framework, empathy, elements of appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication, empathy, curiosity, and openness relative to this social problem.