Training & Development Project (300 points) – You will complete a project designed to broaden your understanding of training and development applications and allow you to apply T&D concepts to a real-world situation. Select a business organization which you will analyze and then work to develop a training program for that organization. You are to assume that you have been hired as independent training consultants and the organization has contacted you to conduct an assessment of its training needs as well as to design a training program and deliver the program to its employees. See below for more details regarding this project and grading. The total points for the project are divided as follows: 150 pts (Final Paper) + 150 pts (PowerPoint Presentation)
TRAINING PROGRAM PROJECT
This project will require you to assume the role of a training and development consultant and to develop a training program for the following request for proposal (RFP). Your recommended training solution should be evidence-based (i.e., relying on T&D research) and sound logic. You will work individually on this project. You will be responsible for designing a specific training program from the RFP. Be sure to include all program components (i.e., needs assessment through training evaluation). You will perform the following project requirements
- Write a comprehensive report that details and justifies the program. There are no minimum or maximum page limits for this project. Your paper should be as long as is necessary to provide adequate coverage of the relevant material, but no longer. To give you an idea of what a reasonable length a project paper could be, typical papers are about 15 pages (double spaced). Note that this is merely a general guideline. Please avoid unnecessary repetition and do not pad the paper with irrelevant filler. Please carefully proofread the final paper to ensure proper grammar, style, and continuity. All reports should use 1 ½ spaced 12 pt. font with 1-inch margins and include a cover page displaying the names of all contributors.
- Provide a PowerPoint overview presentation of the program. It will be graded on content and polish. You are strongly encouraged to be professional and use notes at the bottom of each slide. Please feel free to be creative and innovative, just as you would in a real work situation (pictures are welcome). The proposals should describe each component of the training system design model. In other words, you must describe analysis of organizational, task, and person needs) (design & development)criteria to use for measuring the program’s success (design & development)
- Note: You are not required to develop all of the individual training sessions, but rather you should describe the chosen training techniques, structure of the training program, and examples of the content.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Xenonic Corporation is a producer and distributor of the new xenon headlamp used in high-end luxury sedans. Xenonic Corporation is a Fortune 500 firm with 3,500 individuals employed both nationally and internationally. Of these individuals, roughly 500 hold mid- or upper-level management positions. Xenonic Corporation maintains its headquarters in Dallas, TX, with production facilities in San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Tokyo, Japan. As a new technology that is both innovative and environmentally friendly, the xenon headlamp promises to see extensive expansion throughout the next 5-10 years as it goes from a luxury car option to standard equipment on all vehicles. In fact, Xenonic Corporation anticipates increasing its workforce by 5% each year for the next three years to abate anticipated workforce shortages resulting from the substantial increase in production. With this impending growth, the Xenonic Corporation feels it would be strategically beneficial for the organization to begin putting financial resources toward new training and development initiatives. Xenonic has laid out five key training needs and solicits proposed training programs that address any of the following needs.
- Xenonic Corporation will be sending 20 upper-level managers to its production facility in Tokyo, Japan. In order to maximize this assignment, the managers should receive cross-cultural training so that they can function effectively as expatriates.
- In the context of requiring a more highly-skilled workforce, Xenonic runs the risk of facing a shortage of fully qualified applicants for entry-level production positions. In fact, recent estimates suggest that 43% of entry-level hires lack basic math, reading, and writing skills. To address this issue, Xenonic is interested in providing basic skills/literacy training to those new hires that require such training.
- As the general workforce becomes more diverse and Xenonic Corporation finds itself hiring more and more individuals, it is expected that Xenonic employees will also become more diverse. With this change, comes a need for all employees to be increasingly knowledgeable and sensitive of others’ differences, an outcome that can hopefully be achieved through a diversity training program.
- With an influx of new hires, Xenonic will need to provide adequate orientation and socialization to these new recruits. In the past, orientation responsibility was left to line managers and was quite informal. With these issues in mind, Xenonic believes the need to create a new employee orientation training program is warranted.
- In order to limit worker compensation costs and maximize worker productivity, Xenonic Corporation feels it is important for all 1,800 production employees to receive training in ergonomics and safety as a prevention measure.
Xenonic has committed to an annual training budget of $1500/employee in support of new training initiatives. In the expectation that multiple programs will be instituted at one time, proposed programs must forecast incurred costs of no more than $500/trainee annually. Training program design and delivery must be completed within 3 ½ years following formal acceptance of the proposed program at which point program designers will be expected to demonstrate program effectiveness. Training program proposals, in the form of a written report that details the proposed program in its entirety, are due on June 9th. Representatives from your consulting team will also be expected to pitch the proposed program on June 2nd to the Xenonic Corporation Board of Directors (the class), who will then have the opportunity to pose questions in regard to the program.
let us examine the relationship among Creole and pidgin language. it can be said that there exists a robust link among Creole and pidgin because if the unique language that is spoken by means of the local speakers is a pidgin, it has been nativised. In different words, it has grow to be a creole language. “The idea that creole languages are nativised pidgins emerged all through the past due Nineteen Sixties and evolved in the 1970s.”(C.Lefebvre P14) generally, a Creole turns into more complicated and refined than a pidgin, which then outcomes in “its vocabulary expands, its grammar stabilises and its pronunciation will become more fixed”. (M.ok Adler P14) in keeping with C.Lefebvre, “Creoles can emerge hastily, in this situation in one era”(P15) Pidgins are acknowledged to be greater of a 2d language, in different phrases a language which is learnt all through generations, while Creole is evolved by youngsters as a native language. therefore, pidgins are “contact languages with out native audio system,”at the same time as Creoles are “contact languages with local speakers.”(M.Sebba P169) however we want to keep in mind that even though pidgins and creoles are special, they each ‘proportion structural functions such as grammatical simplicity and small vocabularies when compared with their lexifiers’. (M.Sebba P168) In general, Mauritian Creole is an easy language to be learnt as “there are not any grammatical rules”and“English, French and Indian words can be tailored by means of “Creolising” them.”(A.Richards, R.Ellis, D.Shuurman P21) therefore, the speaker can utilise the language to speak in a non-dependent manner, whereby the fashion of speaking, vocabulary, syntax, phonology or grammatical systems may be as top and as proper as any other language, as it is also “no longer formalized and as such does now not have a dictionary.” (http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Mauritian:Creole.htm) One fundamental linguistic feature which can be tested inside the Mauritian Creole, is the lexifier. “ wherein a single language is recognized because the supply of most of the people of the lexicon of a pidgin or creole, it is known as the lexifier…the lexifier regularly equates with the eu coloniser’s language where there is one.”(M.Sebba P25) This language consists of many words from the French language, but according to Sebba, she states that “Baker (1972) notes that extra than a hundred and fifty words are derived from English, extra than 50 from Indian languages and numerous from Malagasy and chinese language.”(M.Sebba P144). it is viable to say that many phrases sincerely foundation from the French words but within the Creole lexicon, as an instance the French ‘le, l. a., l’ is generally connected with the noun it impacts. moreover in French, articles are frequently joined with the preposition ‘de’. however, in Mauritian Creole, the sound which is produced can absolutely be reflected into a single word. Examples of this will be ‘le pied’ in French, which in English means foot, will become ‘lipye’ in Mauritian Creole. furthermore, de l’eau meaning water in English, turns into ‘dilo’ in Mauritian Creole. As we are able to see, the articles which exist in the French language, ‘le’ and ‘los angeles’ will become a part of the real phrase itself. despite the fact that, some words that exist have completely changed their meanings. One instance would be “gayh”, which means “to have something” in Mauritian, which originally comes from the French word “gagner”, that means “to win some thing.” Phonology is any other component which can be tested. This time period can be described because the study of sounds, and in this example, the examine of the sound gadget of Mauritian Creole. Phonology can be connected with the organs of speech (palates, alveolar ridge) and how it's miles used, and also it is able to suggest the capabilities of sound, as an instance accents and intonation. The sound device for Mauritian Creole may be very much like French, however it nevertheless has some obvious variations. this can be sai>GET ANSWER