- Identify underpinning principles and concepts of construction
- Analyse and evaluate topical issues in construction project
- Undertake some creative analysis and thinking.
? You are required to identify and critically examine a construction project
management topical issue.
? Provide evidence taken from both classical and contemporary literature
which you both agree with and contradict your arguments.
? Structure of the report:
? Title page
? List of contents
? Literature review
? Discussion of findings
? Conclusions and recommendations
? Word limit 5000-5500 words
? Associated weight for the assignment 50%
Mapping your assignment
Mapping your assignment
- Include background in your introduction-this should be
aligned to your topical issue you have identified.
- Develop research questions (2-3)
- Address the research questions in your literature review
- Which contemporary techniques are the most appropriate for the
- Which techniques do construction organisations use to make
project sustainability decisions and how are they used in the project
sustainability decision-making process?
? What makes writing “academic? is that it:
- Demonstrates understanding.
- Is informed by the academic literature and debates in the subject
matter (the literature will inform your interpretation of the
concept, your perception, your description, the explanations, as
well as the broader context.).
- Has a clear interpretation of the key concepts used.
- Gives an accurate description of the issue.
- Investigates the underlying assumptions and the historical
development of the issue.
- Explains the issue by tracing the reciprocal relationship between
the issue and its broader context.
? I expect to see an integration of classical and contemporary
? Description of how you went about to map-out your
? Highlight the process
- The purpose of the discussion is to interpret and describe the
significance of your findings in light of what was already known
about the research problem being investigated and to explain any
new understanding or insights that emerged as a result of your
study of the problem.
- The discussion will always connect to the introduction by way of
the research questions you posed and the literature you reviewed,
but the discussion does not simply repeat or rearrange the first
parts of your paper.
- The discussion clearly explain how your study advanced the
reader’s understanding of the research problem from where you left
them at the end of your review of prior research.
? “Be more critical! More analysis needed! That’s what my tutors
say about my essays. I’m not really sure what they mean.”
? “I thought I had written a really good assignment this time. I did
so much reading and preparation for it, but my tutor’s feedback
is ‘not enough argument.’ I’m not sure what to do now. I mean,
I’m not an argumentative person – and I don’t really want to be.”
? One of the most important skills you will need to learn as a
student, whatever your discipline is the ability to think critically
and objectively about an issue and to present a well-constructed
What do I mean by critically examine….?
? Give your verdict as to what extent a statement or findings within a
piece of research are true, or to what extent you agree with them.
Provide evidence taken from a wide range of sources which both
agree with and contradict an argument. Come to a final
conclusion, basing your decision on what you judge to be the most
important factors and justify how you have made your choice.
- The first rule: start early
- The second rule is: Identify the focus of the assignment
- The third rule is: Identify your own point of view
- The fourth rule is: Consider how you’ll persuade other people of
your point of view
- The fifth rule? Find the proof
- The sixth rule is: Engage in debate
- The seventh rule is: Structure your argument
The life of a celebrity compared to an average person’s life is very different. A rich person lives a more luxuries lifestyle than the average person does. The average person usually only owns a single home where as someone of wealth may own several homes. The normal person is not as fortunate as someone who is rich and can sometimes be envious of what the elite own. The average salary for a middle class family is $60,000 to $85,000 the minimum amount of money you need to live a comfortable lifestyle these days is around $50,000. In order to be considered wealthy it is over a million dollars and with that amount of money you can buy almost anything you want and never have to work again, that is if you are careful with your finances. A rich celebrity on television usually owns a couple of luxurious homes all over the world that’s why we get excited watching them on television and showing all that they own. We, as the viewers, are interested to see what the rich have spent their money on. While we are also jeal>GET ANSWER