the topic is Cetylpyridinium chloride
One chemical compound or molecule that is directly related to the field you are interested in pursuing. You will use that specific compound and address the following questions on page 2 in your paper and PowerPoint slides.
You must address all the following questions in your paper:
1. What field/program are you interested in pursuing?
2. What is the chemical compound or molecule that you picked to discuss in this paper?
3. How is this compound used, or what is it used for?
4. List the chemical information about the compound such as chemical formula, molecular weight, boiling point/ melting point, solubility, flammability etc.
5. Where is this compound or this type of compound discussed in your CHM 123 textbook and what does it say about the compound? Be specific (type of element or compound- ionic, covalent compound, what functional groups)- mention the chapter number, the section number, or the page number and what the book says about the compound or similar type of compounds, or the functional group found in your chosen compound.
6. List two other facts that you found interesting about your compound. Use the word interesting when doing so.
If you miss addressing any of the above, you lose points! Check the grading rubric and pick a compound/molecule that meets all the requirements.
1. 3 slides (no more, no less) of mostly pictures
a. Slide 1: A Title slide with the name of the compound you selected, basic definition, and a picture. (Check multiple websites/images to confirm that the chemical structure is correct).
b. Slide 2: Picture of the chemical structure and any other relevant chemistry pictures. (Check multiple sites to confirm that the chemical structure is correct).
c. Slide 3: Application pictures in the field (relate the chemistry to real-world application).
d. Pages showing the power points do not count towards meeting the page requirements of the written paper.