A. Identify three videos from the attached “Task 1 Video List” found in the “Supporting Documents” section.
Note: When selecting three videos to observe, it may be helpful to read the description available on the web page for each video. You will want to choose videos that will give you enough relevant material to respond to parts 81-85.
B. Reflect on your video observations by doing the following: 1. Discuss specific examples of how the teachers in the videos effectively incorporated the needs of individual learners within their learning environments, including at least one example of each of the following from any of the three videos: • cultural needs • social needs • emotional needs
2. Discuss ways that the teachers could have more effectively incorporated individual learners’ cultural, social, or emotional needs in the learning environments. 3. Discuss two culturally sustaining pedagogy strategies you learned from observing the videos that you could incorporate into your future practice as a teacher. a. Explain how you can apply the two strategies from B3 in your future classroom. 4. Explain how you could involve your students’ caregivers in the execution of the strategies from part B3, including specific examples. 5. Explain how you could involve the community in the execution of the strategies from part B3, including specific examples.
C. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
Select three videos from this to watch prior to completing Me requirements for Mis Msk. The videos you choose should, collectively, represent examples of teachers addressing Me cultural, social, and emotional needs of Mode.. To determine the content of each video, it may help to read the descriptions on the web pages.
I. -Writing a Cooperative Paragraph,” English learners (ELs)—second grade
2. -Building Classroom Community through the Study of Chinese Art and Culture,” second gale Illtosillaos wyoue.Jorovi‘ion1200781317
3.-Creating Fractured Fairy Tales Using Story Maps,” filth grade
s I.iprE,myov is ion 00783189
4. -Defining the Problem, Effect, and Solution through an In…ye Read Aloud,” kindergarten
S. -Determining Me Influence of Media on Ameriam Culture and Stereotypes,” 12th grade htt 007828SA
6. -Developing Drug Awareness and Resistance Skills,” sixth grade
7. -Learning about Cultural Identity,” kindergarten . 181189■13
B. ‘Developing U.S. History Content Vocabulary,” RIM grade
• WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY
Task Crkkal Commentary Imosirflfos waif pshdorovi9onf200788144
9. ‘Adding Mixed Numbers with Like and Unlike DenOrnInatora,” Sixth grade httosdArus wan sdutorovI9on/20078Z1)61)
10. ‘Analyzing Diverse media to Clarify Text,” Seventh grade IRMO/ hos wsu sslotormisionf208778247